For sale is a copy of The Sphere, February 28, 1925. This was removed from a disbound volume and has some repair to the spine where the binding was. Overall condition is good.
Front page picture: The King to take a holiday in the Mediterranean away from the affairs of state.
1. The Newletter
2. Week by Week
3. Men who are figuring in the news: Mr Philip Connard,. Mr B Adams,. Sir John J Burnet,. Mr Dykaar,. The late Sir E Thorpe, F.R.S,. The Late Sir C Allbutt,. Mr F A Macquisten, K.C,. The Late Lord Barrymore,. Sir James Ramsay of Bamff,. The Late Sir Robert Turnbull,. The Late Maj-Gen F H Sartorius, V.C. (pictures and article)
4. The newest feat of America's new Dirigible - Regulating German Traffic on American Lines - A Belgian Town's historic Shrove Tuesday carnival - (pictures and article)
5. The week's news told in pictures : Improving the Mall in London - The twice postponed Nice carnival - A Canadian Canoeist in Paris - (pictures and article)
6. Two more Dramatic successes in the West End : "Katja, the Dancer" at the Gaiety and "The Grand Duchess" at the Globe. (pictures and article)
7. Through a Londoner's window by Alan Bott
8. One of the Engineering wonders of the age : The mighty Wilson dam at Muscle Shoals (Alabama), built at a cost of £10,000,000 (pictures and article)
9. "The Sphere" surveys the world: The King of Spain, King Otto of Norway, A Siamese Festivel and other foreign news (pictures and article)
10. A Literary Letter
11. The Etcher's season in London - example of the present exhibition - and a Veronese in a New York Cathedral (pictures and article)
12. Shropshire's buried Roman city, with "The finest Colonnade yet found in England" - excavations at Viroconium - Wroxeter (pictures and article)
13. The Play's, The Thing by Hebert Farjeon
14. In the glare of the Footlights - two striking scenes from the Paris Stage and one from Berlin during Carnival week. (pictures and article)
15. From a Game Ranger's Notebook - pictures and article.
16. The War Dance of the Lakkas of North Cameroo, with poisoned spears and man-high shields. (pictures and article)
17. Full page colour advert for "H J Heinz"
18. Napthali: Some further personal reminiscences by C Lewis Hind
19. Cabaret comes to stay in London (pictures and article)
20. "The Sphere of Travel"
21. A wonderful machine and "The Magic Box" - How the Dies for stamping coins are cut and the "Electronic" treatment by Dr Albert Abrams (pictures and article)
22. We see by the papers by A P Garland
23. In the Public Eye: small pictures of - Lieut-Colonel the Hon F V Willey,. Miss Josephine Wilson,. Sir Robert Peel,. Captain J S Howes,. Air Marshal Sir John Salmond,. Sir Henry Maddocks, K.C,. Miss Marie Fuller,. Miss Olive Sloane.
24. The Woman's Sphere by Marjorie
25. Full page advert for "Abdulla Cigarettes"
26. Conquering the servant difficulty (article and illustrations)
27. Full page advert "Bovril"
28. Full page advert for "Horlicks"
29. The art of the Cinema
30. Full page advert for "John Walker & Son" Whisky