The Sphere - March 28, 1925 (with Spring Fashion Section)
1 in stock.
For sale is a copy of The Sphere (with spring fashion section), March 28, 1925. This was removed from a disbound volume and has some repair to the spine where the binding was. Overall condition is good.
Front page picture - Colour picture of 2 ladies in springtime fashion.
1. Full page picture and poem - Spring upon the Threshold.
2. The Newsletter
3. Week by Week
4. Lord Curzon and the First Lady Curzon - Two remarkable marble effigies in Kedleston Church. (pictures and article)
5. "Madame Tussaud's" destroyed by fire. (Half page pictures and article)
6. Society at the Season's last Steeplchases - Pictures from Sandown and Rugby - Mrs Dennistoun at the Law Courts - Mi-Careme in Paris.
7. The two latest Play successes in the West End - "The Tyrant" at the New Theatre and "Rose Marie" at Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. (pictures and article)
8. "The Sphere" surveys the world - The New Aid for Orators - Suffragettes in France - The Egyptian General Election - and other foreign news. (pictures and article)
9. A Literary Letter
10. A Dizzy Leap Backward in Egyptian discovery - Older than Cheops, the builder of the Great Pyramid outside Cairo. (pictures and article)
11. Slave raiding by natives still continues in darkest Africa. (pictures and article)
12. The Play's by Herbert Farjeon
13. Stars that shine by Night: small pictures of - June,. Miss Dorothy Field,. Madame Ida Rubinstein,. Mr J Buchanan,. Miss Elsie Randolph,. Mr Gene Gerrard,. The Astaires.
14. 4 page full colour supplement - Spring-Fashion: Frocks, Hats, Shoes. Also Full page colour advert for "Heinz 57"
15. A Cloud of Liquid Air in Paris: The experiments of M Claude and other news. (pictures and article)
16. Naphtali by C Lewis Hind.
17. People of today portrayed by notable artists: small pictures of Miss Jane Croft,. Mr Nicholas Hannen,. Miss Mathilde Verne,. Admiral Sir Charles Kingsmill,. The Rt Hon Augustine Birrell.
18. The Garden of the Bells - A wonderful collection of Bells from all Countries and all Periods in a Californian Hostelry (The Glenwood Mission Inn) pictures and article
19. Fashions that are simple and unassuming. (pictures and article)
20. Full page advert for "Elizabeth Arden"
21. Full page advert for "State Express" cigarettes
22. Full page advert for "Horlicks"
23. Full page advert for "Johnnie Walker"
24. Spring fashions in the London shops (pictures)