For sale is a copy of The Sphere, May 30, 1925. This was removed from a disbound volume and has some repair to the spine where the binding was. Overall condition is good.
Front page picture: "Into the great unknown - Amundesen's Aeroplane on its way to the Pole"
1. The Newsletter
2. Week by Week
3. Epstein in Hyde Park - The Hudson Memorial. (pictures and article)
4. Filming the Buckingham Palace Courts and other news items. (pictures and article)
5. The First two courts of the season : and The King and Queen in the City. (Double page of pictures and article)
6. Through a Londoner's Window by Alan Bott.
7. "The Sphere" surveys the world. The Foundation of the Sydney Harbour Bridge,. Vienna Celebrates,. and other news items. (pictures and article)
8. An Authentic Mary Stuart Portrait,. A "Lost" Raphael goes to America,. A self-portrait of Antonio Moro. (pictures and article)
9. A Literary Letter
10. Half page picture and article about "On the Immorial Roads of India", three methods of transport. Half page picture and article about "How the Opera Stars rehearse at Covent Garden".
11. Behind the scenes in a British Film Studio : How a film is produced. (Double page of pictures and article)
12. The Play's by Herbert Farjeon
13. Money v Ideals, at the Queen's Theatre, "Beggar on Horseback". (pictures and article)
14. The Epsom Course on Derby Day. (pictures and article)
15. Donoghue wins the Derby for the sixth time (Double page of pictures and article of the 1925 race).
16. Stage and Film Stars of Two Continents. Small pictures of - The Countess Agnes Esterhazy,. Madame Lys Gauty,. Miss Lia De Putti,. Lisa Staeding,. Miss Alla Nazimova,. Miss Juliette Compton.
17. Where the young Artists of England are trained - Royal Academy School and L.C.C. Central School. (pictures and article)
18. "The Sphere of Travel"
19. Half page pictures and article about "In Chelsea Church Tower : London's smallest Museum". Half page picture and article about "Beautiful Frocks on beautiful Mannequins".
20. In Civilized Italy and Uncivilized Africa - (pictures and article)
21. The Royal Tournament at Olympia. (Illustrations and article)
22. The Woman's Sphere by Marjorie
23. In the Public Eye - small pictures of : Sir John Baird,. Lady Ethel Keith-Falconer,. Mr William George Hood Walrond,. Sir George Lloyd,. Mr Noel Coward,. General Gerardo Machado,. Miss Daisy Simmonds,. Sir Francis Bell.
24. Full page advert for "John HAig"
25. Full page advert for "Buchanan's" Black and White
26. Full page advert for "Pears's" soap.
27. The Art of the Cinema by S R Littlewood.
28. Full page article for "Bulloch Lade & Co Ltd" Scotch Whisky