For sale is a copy of The Sphere, June 13, 1925. This was removed from a disbound volume and has some repair to the spine where the binding was. Overall condition is good.
Front page picture: The King and Queen at the opening of the New University Buildings at Bristol.
1. The Newsletter
2. Week by Week
3. "Leading Ladies" at Cambridge Unversity and other news items. (pictures and article)
4. What London does in the Hot Weather and other news items. (pictures and article)
5. A brilliant "Fourth of June", at Eton and other home and foreign news. (pictures and article)
6. Through a Londoner's Window by Alan Bott.
7. Modern Art Advances in India at a show in Calcutta. (pictures and article)
8. A Literary Letter
9. "The Sphere" surveys the World. (pictures and article)
10. A Hitherto unexplored region of Brazil mapped and photographed by an American Expedition - Mayougong Indians. Photos taken by Dr A Hamilton Rice. (double page of pictures and article)
11. The Play's by Herbert Farjeon
12. Another Fascinating West African Drama - "The River" at St, James and other Theatre news. (pictures and article)
13. Is Ellis Island to be closed down? (picture and article)
14. A Daring Venture of Sixty Years Ago. Baron von der Decken's gallant attempt to discover the source of the Juba River in Africa in 1865. Written by George Chevenix.
15. A Night at Covent Garden. (picture and article)
16. Italian Art of the 17th Century and of the Present Day. (double page of pictures and article)
17. Iceland founds a National Theatre - The Icelandic Amateur Actors who take the leading roles in the Theatre at Reykjavik. Small pictures of : Mrs Gudrun Indridadottir,. Mr Jens Waage and Mrs Indridadottir,. Mlle. Madelaine,. Miss Lilian Harvey,. Ilona Karolevna.
18. Full page colour advert for "Dunlop Rubber Co. Ltd"
19. The Men who make London Dance - Savoy Havana Band,. Jack Hylton's Band,. Vincent Lopez Band. (pictures and article)
20. In the Public Eye - small pictures of : Sir Barry V Jackson,. Lady Constance Howard,. Mr Hamilton Harty,. General Carl Gustav Mannerheim,. Osbert and Sacheverell Sitwell,. Mr J L Price,. Miss Doffie Bedden,. Miss Jane Welsh.
21. Half page of pictures and article about "A Trio of beautiful women in London society - Lady Moira Combe,. Mrs Henry Mond,. The Hon. Mrs Simon Rodney". Half page of pictures and article about "Amiens Cathedral threatened with collapse".
22. A Group of Talented Entertainers - small pictures of : Nicola Giunta,. Berry Ardym,. Miss Josephine Head,. Miss Vera Clarke,. Mlle. Andree.