For sale is a copy of The Sphere, January 24, 1925. This was removed from a disbound volume and has some repair to the spine where the binding was. Overall condition is good.
Front page photo: The Coming Eclipse, and the Instrument with which it will be observed at Greenwich Observatory.
1. The Newsletter
2. Week by Week
3. The Queen of Spain goes Hunting and other pictures.
4. A Startling Discovery in a Bulgarian Village - Excavations of Kish - Lava Pools at Etna. (pictures and article)
5. Picking up and Launching Aeroplanes from an Airship: The first Semi-rigid Airship to be built in America (pictures and article) - The Fruits of a Season's shooting in Nepal - A wreck off the Irish Coast.
6. A Londoner on the Riviera by Alan Bott
7. The "Highest" Ecclesiastic in the World - The Holy Lama of the Rongbuk. (pictures and article)
8. A Literary Letter
9. "The Sphere" surveys the world: News from Japan - Germany's new "Emden" - The Khartoum Police Force.
10. Fashion for the Winter Sports Season - What Men and Women are wearing in Switzerland this year. (pictures and article)
11. The Danger to St. Paul's Cathedral - Pictures showing the interior construction of the Dome.
12. Colour pictures of animal life at Yosemite Park: Band-tailed Pigeons - Red-headed Lizard - Chipmunks - Sparrows - Coral King Snake
13. Where Prince Charles was defeated : The King's Stables on the Culloden Battlefield - The Palais de Century (pictures and article)
14. The capture of a Pure White Elephant in Burma - captured at Toungoo. (picture and article)
15. One Hundred Years of Railway Travel - A Notable Centenary (pictures and article)
16. A Winter Exhibition at Burlington House (pictures and article)
17. Full page colour advert for "State Express cigarettes"
18. The Problem of the Locust Swarm by Edward Step
19. The Play's, The Thing by Herbert Farjeon
20. A Success at the Criterion "Fata Morgana", the Hungarian play by Ernest Vajda (pictures and article)
21. The Sphere of Travel
22. The Engraved Work of Walter Sickert (pictures and article)
23. We see by the papers by A P Garland
24. In the Public Eye: Lady de Bathe., Russell Pasha., Mlle. Raymonde Machard., Mr H F Oldman., Mr George Arliss., Miss Mary Hamlin., Sir Edward Pollock., Mr E McKnight Kauffer